The main specific objectives of our project are:
- Developing the ability to carry out simple observation and study of objects on the celestial sphere in different latitudes, skills analysis and independent thinking, and cooperation in the field of science with their peers in other European countries;
- Familiarize students with the relationships between human activities and the functioning of the natural environment in the region of partner schools;
- Shaping the needs saving and rational use of electricity – developing young people’s entrepreneurial attitudes and activities for the local community;
- Presenting opportunities to develop business in conjunction with the use of natural environment of their region (astroturism);
- Familiarize the students with the life and achievements of prominent European astronomers;
- Developing sensitivity and artistic talents by presenting content astronomy in art.
Education will be held in extracurricular conditions in the natural environment of nature, in groups. essay editing Innovation program will involve broadening the curriculum with new content (students expand their knowledge of the content of astronomy, natural sciences, natural terminology in English, ICT skills). The organizational innovations will involve conducting workshops in the system of after-school activities in smaller groups than the teams of class, classes will be held in cooperation with the scientific staff and in cooperation with didactic and scientific institutions.
Innovation methodology will rely on methods of activating the students, and they will realise:
- Direct observations of natural phenomena that must take place outside the classroom – they can be classes in the school playground as well as outside the city in the field of appropriate conditions darkness;
- Training and experience with the use of specialized equipment observation, adapted to the possibility of student and teacher – will allow young people to get familiar with new technologies, encourage the sole use of the devices is rarely used in the classroom (eg. Telescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes, navigation devices and maps heaven, models of astronomical objects, a sundial);
- Work in transnational project groups – allow for the use of the English language and the ability to shape the scientific cooperation at the international level, students will learn each other as much as possible groups of students will come on the research conducted as part of the popular EU;
- Use simple computer programs to analyze the results of observation, data collection and processing, processing of captured images, creating computer graphics; materials developed will be published on the website of the project;
- Other methods eg .: design method on a small scale (for teams of students preparing for international meetings in the field of indicated natural theme, region and partner schools or cultural issues); portfolio to collect thematic material, brainstorming, timeline, meta plan and educational games for the integration of groups at school and at international level, as well as the consolidation of knowledge.
Meetings within the framework of actions to learning / teaching will be prepared by all partner schools for groups of students and teachers. Activities will be implemented according to the schedule of work. The developed procedure will be scoring students’ activity, which will be introduced to the school community and on this basis will be created a group of people taking part in an international meeting. Eager students will have the opportunity to participate in mobilities. During each project meeting will be conducted monitoring and evaluation of the quality of work and effectiveness. In addition, school coordinators will provide each other with a DVD documenting the activities in partner schools – achieved results and created products. Schools are committed to preparing materials on DVD for each project meeting.
The main objectives of international meetings are:
- The joint exercise of observing the sky – in any country astronomical objects are located at a different height above the horizon and there are different environmental conditions resulting from the geographical location. Each time you complete the course collected measurements, observations and the pictures will be developed by international groups of students and the resurrection joint student work products.
- Workshops, field recording – the creation of film and photographic reports from international teams work which will be used to create a guide containing lesson plans sciences,
- Participation in conferences, write a essay lectures and other events organized in collaboration with academics, local authorities partner schools and the local community (students, teachers, parents and other stakeholders) on the subject of the project and the dissemination of its results and Erasmus +.
- Participation in scientific tours to learn about the natural environment and cultural heritage of regions of partner schools,
- Exchange of experience of teachers in the field of youth work, getting to know the functioning of schools and organizations working to improve the qualifications of teachers.